Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When I graduate, I'm taking a trip to Florida.

I have now been gypped of a free trip to Florida TWICE this year. Apparently it’s not meant to be. You see, the economy has been going through a little downturn, I’m not sure if you’ve heard. So two normally scheduled trips for fancy pants accountants like myself have been cancelled. The first time was understandable; I got over it quickly enough. But the second time gets a little disheartening. Oh, I’m not complaining; I am very grateful for my internship and my job. And of course my team’s FIRST place finish in the Deloitte national tax case study competition, with the prize winnings of $2,000 PER person (I’ve turned pretty hip, no reminders necessary). All that stuff is great. I’ve just decided, when this whole thing is said and done, I’m taking my trip. I’m seeing the sights. And I’m going to Disneyworld. I'll probably fill out one of those expense reports, too; just a heads up. I figure the firms can split it 50/50.

Florida can’t avoid me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment