Saturday, April 14, 2012

Smog check.

Prior to registering my car in California, I am required to have a smog test performed on my car. After a rather unpleasant experience at one location, where I lost an entire hour of my life, I decided to google "smog test locations in Huntington Beach." After locating a business not too far from my house, I looked at the website, read some reviews, figured this place looked legit. Now don't get me wrong - the smog check was quick, efficient, my car passed, no worries there. I'd just like to point out the waiting conditions I was promised - "Free while you wait: wireless PC connectivity, bottled water, magazines, sitting area" - versus what I encountered -


A couple plastic folding chairs stationed underneath a dingy old tarp, with a rusting overturned boat in the background, and a three-legged dog hobbling around (OK, actually the dog had all four legs, but I think saying he had only three legs paints a better picture).

I don't know where the PC connectivity, bottled waters, or magazines were, but I suppose you could say I was offered a pretty fine waiting area.

Moral of the story: I guess everything you read on the internet isn't true??

1 comment: