Friday, August 21, 2009

At least I'm popular in my dreams.

The other night I had a dream that I hadn't checked my phone all day and when I finally looked at it that night, I had 77 messages waiting for me!!! Not sure the significance of the 77, but that's the number nonetheless. I slept pretty well that night, thinking that my life had reached some new, profound level of popularity. Then I woke up and reality quickly descended upon me. I immediately checked my phone, just to be on the safe side (dreams can predict the future, right??). WRONG. Phone laughed that inevitable blank screen. Oh well. Maybe someday.

In other news, my mom is absolutely in love with the song Low by Flo Rida, as demonstrated by her singing it to me every 3.2 minutes, give or take. And, naturally, instead of paying the $1.29 (or whatever it costs nowadays) to buy the song, she listens for free by watching Step Up 2 EVERY time it comes on Starz. Which is actually quite frequently. Tonight I had the opportunity to mother/daughter bond by watching this stellar flick. Not only does my mother have every word to the song Low memorized, she also has every line of the movie memorized. Something tells me this lady needs to get out more. Before she thinks she can actually dance like these crazy cats, too. Although it may be too late for that. As long as I can deter her from sporting apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur, my mission in life will be close to accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment